This was a covered and airy storage for charcoal in foundry settlement Stara Sava. It is shown in the land registry map (1868) that in 1808 the original small building was extended to three connected storages. The buildings were right next to the blast furnace, supplying it with the charcoal as fuel. At the end of the 19th century the blast furnace was abandoned and the purpose of the storage was changed. In 2009 the Municipality of Jesenice renovated the only preserved storage and made two halls.
The Storage for charcoal is becoming one of the most important centres of cultural, business and entertainment meetings in the town.